Mental Health Therapist/Counsellor
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FOR THE SERVICES OF A FULL-TIME MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST FOR THE MAKWA SAHGAIEHCAN FIRST NATION.
Makwa Sahgaiehcan First Nation is seeking the services of a Full-Time Mental Health Therapist (MHT). The MHT is responsible for providing confidential mental health therapy services to members of the Makwa Sahgaiehcan First Nation communities to facilitate and improve their mental and emotional well-being.
This includes providing mental health services to individuals and families experiencing emotional, behavioral and mental disorders. This involves direct culturally appropriate clinical counseling; initial intake assessments and the development of individual, family and group treatment plans: providing crisis intervention to individuals, families and groups that will address issues such as family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; sexual abuse; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity of the Cree culture.
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills consistent with establishing and maintaining the working relationships required to effectively perform the role requirements.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Possess sound judgement as well as critical thinking skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, orally and in writing, with the generat public, MSFN staff and community members. Effective facilitation skills for workshops, group/community gatherings etc.
- Ability to prioritize the role tasks; react positively to heavy workloads, conflicting demands, and tight time constraints.
- Demonstrate professional behavior consistent with the standards of any professional association and MSFN policies.
- Assume responsibility and is accountable at all times for personal practice.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard office software/ Data Base Management
- Willingly participate in quality improvement and client safety initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective reporting procedures and practices
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or other Behavioral Sciences from a recognized program.
- Minimum of 2years clinical experience providing individual, group, family and couple therapeutic counseling services.
- Valid membership in a professional association SASW-Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers
- Proof of valid insurance or liability in this area
- Approved Mental Health Therapist through FNIHB preferred
- Knowledge of the Cree language would be considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Individuals interested in applying for this position should forward their resume, including a clear CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Search (original or certified true copy required) and 3 professional references including at least one from your current/previous employer to:
MSFN Human Resource Manager Melinda Hoff Makwa Sahgaiehcan First Nation
P.O. Box 340
Loon Lake, Sask. SOM-1L0
Phone: 306-837-2102 or 639-836-7556
Email: melinda firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posting closes 4:30pm July 24111, 2020.
No telephone calls please. MSFN appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.