Counsellor – Casual Pool
Mistahey Musqua Treatment Centre (MMTC)
MLTC is seeking motivated energetic individuals to fill the Counsellor Casual Pool at the Mistahey Musqua Treatment Centre (MMTC). The successful candidates will be responsible for the care and safety of in-patient clients at MMTC during his/her shift.
The philosophy of the Mistahey Musqua Treatment Centre is to promote a healthy addiction free lifestyle and to enhance the well-being of our First Nation communities through providing holistic (physical, emotional, mental & spiritual) counselling services in the area of prevention, treatment and aftercare.
POSITIONS DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Provide one on one counselling to clients; document all counselling sessions.
- Ensure proper care of clients; develop safe plans, follow-up, and after care plans.
- Record and file appropriate information into client files.
- Facilitate group lectures and discussions.
- Ensure continuity of information between shifts and staff.
- Ensure the clients safety, and security of the building.
- Ensure all the Treatment Centre guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
- Perform other duties as directed by the MMTC Manager.
- Must lead a life of sobriety and one free of addictions.
- A Chemical Dependency Certification course and/or equivalent certified course may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in treatment centre counselling programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the links between alcohol/addictions treatment and health issues at the First Nation community level.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and values with the ability to speak Cree or Dene would be a considerable asset.
- Must have CPR & First Aid Training; must possess a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) most current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Josette Couillonneur, Community Wellness Director @
(306)236-8212, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday September 18, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.