Youth Mental Health Mentor
Term Position March 31, 2022
MLTC Health and Social Development Department is seeking a dynamic motivated individual to fill full-time term position of Youth Mental Health Mentor.
The MLTC Youth Mental Health Mentor will work with Community youth workers to support program and activities in addressing mental health. The MLTC Youth Mental Health Support Mentor will be supporting youth how to be resilient and cope with mental health related issues through local programming and partnership with local resources.
POSITIONS DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Provide support to children 0-18 in the area of mental health support services
- Deliver programming, addressing positive mental health activity, inclusive of counselling, cultural teachings, land based programming
- Supporting youth in ceremony such as sweats, round-dance, powwow, changing of life ceremony ect.
- To provide support with cultural and traditional capacity development for youth
- To engage MLFN’s youth resilience while promoting healthy lifestyle choices, education and health and wellness
- Supporting children in group mental health activity, scheduled programming that support children to gain confidence and skills
- Supporting program family activities
- To advocate for youth programming resources and local community support that will keep youth engaged and active
- Consult, support and work as a team with MLTC Mental Health Support Team
- Provide monthly report of activities to Jordan’s Principle coordinator and perform other duties as requested
- Completion of a Post-Secondary Diploma and/or Degree in Social Work or Youth Worker, or other relevant program
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience working with youth
- Must possess a general understanding of the Youth Empowerment
- Must have the ability to train and/or provide youth with instruction
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Preference will be given to individuals who speak either Cree or Dene
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) most current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Josette Couillonneur, Community Wellness Director @ (306) 236-5817 or refer to the MLTC website
Deadline: Wednesday October 21, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.