MLTC is seeking a keen, dedicated individual to fill the full time, permanent position of Accounting Technician. The successful candidate will process accounts payable and travel claims within the computerized accounting system. You will demonstrate enthusiasm, and adherence to policy and procedure while providing excellent customer service.
Position Duties: Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the position is responsible for:
- Accounts payable processing (code and input invoices);
- Processing payments (employee travel claims, FN rep claims for meeting attendance; student paylists) via EFT or cheque, and filing supporting documents;
- Payroll processing support;
- Other general accounting and office duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with a computerized accounting system (preferably Sage 300 ERP);
- Minimum Certificate in Accounting and/or Office procedures, or some post-secondary education;
- Appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel), keyboarding speed and accuracy;
- Able to use an adding machine, and complete detailed calculations;
- Able to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a busy office;
- Ability to work effectively with Accounting staff and Program staff in a team environment;
- Ability to speak Cree and/or Dene is considered an asset;
- An understanding, knowledge and appreciation of First Nations history, culture, and aspirations.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and valid driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
Meadow Lake Tribal Council
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Laura Peigan, Senior Accountant, @ (306) 236-5654 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, November 13, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.