The Addiction Holistic Coordinator works as a member of the human resource team in Birch Narrows Dene Nation, This individual provides a broad continuum of services ranging from education, prevention, intervention, counselling and referral to treatment for our community members. This individual will also promote well-being, wellness and healing, as well as address components of a healthy lifestyle to the community membership of Birch Narrows Dene Nation.
Birch Narrows Dene Nation Addictions Holistic Coordinator Objectives:
- To reduce the incidence of addictions behavior among BNDN community members.
- To decrease social problems related to addictions that impact on individuals, families and communities.
- Provide Education, Prevention, Intervention, and Treatment services using cultural approach and models that will support healing and wellness for individuals, families and communities in addressing addiction issues.
- A Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, and/or Counseling; Registered Psychiatric Nurse; or other related areas of expertise from a post-secondary institution of recognized standing.
- Five (5) years of experience and demonstrated knowledge in Mental Health and Addictions Counseling combined with experience in coordinating First Nation community based programs.
- Certification in Chemical Dependency is considered a valuable asset.
- Will possess excellent interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Will be knowledgeable and sensitive to First Nations’ culture and beliefs; issues and barriers.
- Must be addiction free, sober, and intent on living a healthy balanced lifestyle.
- Ability to speak/understand Cree/Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Corinne Laprise, Human Resources
Mail/drop off: Birch Narrows Dene Nation, Box 40, Turnor Lake, SK S0M 3E0
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
DEADLINE: August 14, 2020 Late applicants will not be accepted