MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations for cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
- This competition is open to all applicants; and
- Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants or other Indigenous applicants who self-declare as being a First Nations person or of other Indigenous ancestry;
MLTC is seeking dynamic, highly motivated individuals to fill full-time, permanent positions in various departments. The Admin Assistants will provide administrative support services as required and assigned. They are required to demonstrate initiative; determine the sequence in which tasks are performed, and the work methods utilized for task completion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reception/Admin – operating a switchboard, taking and relaying messages, greeting the public.
- Collecting Leave & Attendance information.
- Correspondence – will type, copy, fax, and mail letters, memos, forms, and other documents
- Meeting Preparation – notifications, agenda, assembling correspondence, kits, etc.
- Provide program support to the department and other delegated duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Pick up mail at post office as needed/requested.
- Record, photocopy, and distribute all incoming/outgoing mail and forward mail to staff.
- Complete bank deposits for payments and log payments into system.
- Supplies – Purchasing, receiving, delivery & distribution.
- Manage and coordinate the vehicle fleet.
- Responsible to arrange vehicle repairs, maintenance, and cleaning.
- Other delegated duties as requested from Supervisor.
- Grade 12
- Appropriate combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Certificate/Diploma in Office Admin from a recognized institute with related experience & knowledge
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with staff, other MLTC departments, and the nine (9) First Nation communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge in office procedures; ability to maintain accurate records/files and documentation; excellent communication, organization and planning skills.
- Able to consistently demonstrate professionalism with a strong work ethic while maintaining confidentiality and following all MLTC policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of MLTC and First Nation history, culture, and values.
- Excellent public relations skills; verbal & written communication skills; and work ethics.
- Able to work under pressure, in a team environment and independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficient with computers, i.e., Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Willingness to travel and possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Preference will be given to individuals who speak either Cree or Dene.
All interested applicants are invited to submit: a letter of intent, resume detailing qualifications and experience, copies of credentials, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance (Criminal Record Check), copy of valid driver’s license, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact one of our Executive Assistants, at (306) 236-5654. Also, refer to the MLTC Website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, March 24, 2023
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.