MLTC Child & Family Services Department is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to fill our full-time, permanent position of CFS Supervisor. Reporting to the CFS Senior Director the CFS Supervisor shall be responsible for the implementation and ongoing supervision of child protection, prevention and alternate care services. The CFS Supervisor is responsible for program development and ensuring program service delivery complies with program mandates, legislated requirements, protocols and agreements of Meadow Lake Tribal Council Child & Family Services Inc.
MLTC CFS offers competitive wage comparison with an “MLTC Premium” top up on salary. We also offer a comprehensive benefit plan including Dental, Extended Health, Sick Leave and a Pension Plan match.
POSITIONS DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Personnel Management/Supervision of Staff
- Direct supervision of Child Protection Workers.
- Case Management & Supervision of Case Files
- Provide case consultation and direction; Review all case files and provide case management feedback to staff
- Ensure program services function within the mandate, standards, policies of the Child & Family Services Act.
- Encourage staff to develop culturally appropriate methods and interventions within their practice.
- Identify barriers to effective service delivery and un-serviced needs of children and families necessary to support effective and efficient program administration, service delivery, and accountability.
- Participate and assist in the ongoing development, design, and expansion of services and procedures required to meet the individual needs of children, families, and communities.
- Collaborate with First Nation Health Directors/Coordinators, Community Family Support Workers, and other resource support people to create services that address each community’s concerns/issues and values/desires.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience – i.e., Child Protection/Prevention, CFS Program Management, CFS Personnel and Budgets, etc.
- Minimum: 1-2 years of supervisory experience
- Preferred: 3-5 years or more of supervisory experience
- Knowledge in human growth/development; child abuse/neglect indicators/affects.
- Knowledge of PRIDE Training, Foster Care, Alternate Care, and PSI Homes.
- Effective in case management/consultations/reviews; collaboration with communities and respective agencies involved in/with the MLTC CFS Department.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with computer applications, i.e., AIS, RedMane, Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written), interviewing and assessment skills, problem solving and mediation skills, interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrating initiative and adaptability while prioritizing multiple demands
- Be familiar with and understand First Nation barriers/issues/culture.
- Preference will be given to individuals who speak either Cree or Dene.
- Willingness to travel extensively and possession of a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance (Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check), copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information on position requirements, please contact Onyeka Arinze, Senior Director of CFS @ (306) 236-8288. Also, please visit our website @www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, July 15, 2022
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.