The MLTC Health & Social Development Department is seeking Nurse Practitioner RN (NP) to fill the two (2) year term position of Chronic Disease Management Nurse Practitioner.
The Nurse Practitioner RN (NP) is an advanced practice nurse with knowledge and skills gained through additional education and experience. The nurse Practitioner has a focus on a chronic disease prevention and management, and blends an in-depth knowledge of nursing with the legal authority and autonomy to order diagnostic tests, prescribe pharmaceuticals and perform specific procedures in the management and treatment of common acute illnesses and stable chronic diseases.
The RN (NP) practices within a framework of evidence based primary care, holism, health promotion, and disease and injury prevention. The practice involves building partnerships with individuals, families, and communities. This includes community needs assessments; supporting inter-professional collaboration; and participating in continuous improvements through evaluative processes/projects. The RN NP will be a core member in the design, implementation and evaluation of the MLTC Chronic Disease Screening Initiative. The RN NP will act as the team lead for chronic disease management, provide advice and support to the MLFN nurses in managing chronic disease patients.
The Chronic Disease Management Nurse Practitioner duties will include but not limited to Clinical Care Services; Assessment, Intervention/Treatment; Community Health Services (Key area of focus); Research/program evaluation; Awareness of resources available in rural and remote northern areas; Implements practice/programs that improves the health of rural, remote, and northern communities in a way that is meaningful to its members.
- Must be registered with the SRNA and licensed as RN (NP).
- Two (2) years fulltime experience in chronic disease management.
- Two (2) years fulltime experience working in an advanced RN (NP) role including community needs assessment, community development, and health promotion.
- Minimum of one (1) year nursing experience in a CDM/primary health setting preferred.
- Level C, Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Enhanced knowledge of clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment of common illnesses and stable chronic diseases.
- Knowledge of leadership strategies in order to lead, encourage, advise and collaborate with colleagues to achieve client/patient team and organizational goals within available resources
- Knowledge of advanced communications strategies and approaches to adapt to multiple and ever changing situations and environments.
- Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques.
- Knowledge of research processes and program evaluation.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Preference will be given to individuals who speak either Cree or Dene.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Marcia Mirasty MLTC Senior Director of Health & Social Development or Eden Foreman Nursing Program Director @ (306) 236-5817 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Monday November 30, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.