Clinical Team Support Workers
(2022-23 School Year Contract)
Employment Opportunities * 3
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking three (3) Clinical Team Support Workers to join the Office of Education. The Clinical Team Support Worker will implement and support the Land, Language, Relationships and Culture foundations within the position which includes but is not limited to: work plans, projects, initiatives, resources, planning, collaborations, etc. The Clinical Team Support Worker (CTSW) reports to the Superintendent of Education. The CTSW works as a core member of the MLTC Education Clinical Team. The CTSW will coordinate and work closely with the Student Services Coordinator and school-based teams. The CTSW will help students cope with personal and psychological issues that affect their school performance, behavior, and socialization. The CTSW will conduct formal and informal assessments, maintain case files and reports to track student concerns, problems, and patterns in behavior. Once issues or behavior concerns have been identified, CTSW will assist in remediation by providing short‐term intensive counselling, long‐term treatment plans and referrals, and/or workshops. The CTSW will provide consultative support to school teams, provide intervention with students and families and liaison with community agencies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide counselling support to individual students and/or small groups in nine MLFN schools, or as assigned.
- Provide case management services for students experiencing social, emotional, and/or behavioural issues.
- Conduct assessments of psychological, social, emotional, and environmental needs of students.
- Foster a positive relationship between caregivers and schools.
- Work collaboratively with and consult with school based administrators, teachers, school support staff, caregivers, outside agencies and MLTC Education staff to develop a wide variety of mental health supports for all MLFN schools.
- Project collaboration within MLTC Clinical Team Support Workers, Student Wellness Team and Education Team.
- Contributing and supporting team budgets; reporting to the Superintendent and Coordinator progress and summaries.
- Provide PD in areas such as ASIST, Duty to Report, CPI Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, SafeTalk, Peer Mentorship, etc.
- Meet provincial requirements with regards to professional regulations, code of ethics.
- Assist with MLTC Office of Education initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Must be registered with one of the following organizations: CASW, SASW, etc.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in the delivery of human services such as: Social Work, Counselling, Community Development, etc.
- Experience in working with First Nation’s Schools & Communities.
- Willing to travel to the First Nation Communities; work within a team setting and independently.
- Knowledge and/or willingness to obtain training to support MLTC’s initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office
- Google Suite
- Ipad/Smart technologies
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-1357
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Read, Superintendent of Education @ (306) 288-7800 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, August 12th, 2022
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.