The Birch Narrows Dene Nation is seeking a dynamic motivated individuals to fill full time, permanent positions of Community Health Nurses. Willing to fill positions on full time or part time basis.
The Nursing Program within the Birch Narrows Dene Nation includes community health, home care, primary care nursing, prenatal, school program, health education and communicable diseases.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Must be eligible for registration with:
- College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS) with AAP designation.
- Minimum two years acute care experience.
- Minimum of 5 years nursing experience.
- Preferred northern nursing experience in primary care & in First Nations communities
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Indigenous ancestry, as well as fluency in Cree and or Dene is an asset
- Other relevant experience and certifications in northern nursing and First Nations health care is an asset.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), International Trauma Lift Support (ITLS), Basic Life Support (BLS-C) are mandatory & or willing to obtain on an urgent basis
- Requires Innoculist Certification once employed for immunization program
- Fully Furnished Accommodations & Utilities provided free of charge
- Security & Security Cameras on site
- Dental Care, Vision care, Life insurance, Extended health care
- Registered Pension Plan Match
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Northen Monthly travel subsidy
Other Remuneration cost:
- Annual Education Allowance: $500.00 to $1500.00 (pro-rated)
- Annual Retention Allowance: $3000.00 to 5000.00 (pro-rated)
- Annual Northern Allowance: $4000.00 (pro-rated)
- 1 Time – Signing Bonus after completing 3-month probation: $2500.00 (pro-rated)
- Annual Health Related Travel (pro-rated)
- Reasonable relocation allowance if RN moves into community
- All mandatory certification paid by employer (not part of education allowance)
- Yearly RN/AAP licensure paid by employer
- Wages are competitive & follow the Meadow Lake Tribal Council pay scale
- On call pay is paid by MLTC
Interested applicants are invited to submit:
- A cover letter of application
- Resume stating qualifications & relevant work experience
- Copies of credentials
- Current RCMP Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Copy of valid driver’s license
- Three (3) recent professional supervisory references addressed to:
Birch Narrows Dene Nation
TURNOR LAKE, SK S0M 3E0
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 894-2112 Fax: (306) 894-2201
For more information on position requirements, please contact Brenda Chartier, BNDN Health Director @ (306) 894-2112 or email [email protected].
Deadline: Open Deadline
BNDN sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted