Dental Oral Health Aide
Term – Employment Opportunity – Mat. Leave Backfill
MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations for cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
- This competition is open to all applicants; and
- Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants or other Indigenous applicants who self-declare as being a First Nations person or of other Indigenous ancestry.
MLTC Health & Social Development Department is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to fill a full-time, term position of Dental Oral Health Aide. This term ends November 2023. The Dental Oral Health Aides work with the Dental Therapist Supervisor and Dental Therapists to provide preventative services for the MLTC First Nations Communities.
POSITIONS DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Gather dental and medical history consent forms
- Complete all aspects of: Dental service daily record, COHI participant list, COHI aide monthly report, COHI services record, screening form in an appropriate confidential manner.
- Implement and deliver a fluoride varnish program for 0 – 7 year old children
- Deliver oral health information sessions to parents/caregivers, grandparents, expectant mothers, single dads, consisting of basic oral hygiene methods and to include motivational interviewing technique
- Conduct home visits to discuss oral health issues and to explain services available
- Distribute oral health information for community use
- Arrange and book appointments with parents/caregivers for COHI services
- Establish a dental home for infants and children
- Establish a referral system to oral health professional, for children requiring dental treatment
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Relevant experience and training may be considered.
- On-site training provided on COHI – Children’s Oral Health Initiative Training Module
- Proficient with computers, i.e., Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to travel and must possess a valid driver’s license
- Work with minimal supervision, independently and prioritize multiple demands
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communications skills
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and valid driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance (Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check), and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
Meadow Lake Tribal Council
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Jolene Iron, Senior Dental Therapist, @ (306) 236-5654. Also, visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, February 3, 2023
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.