MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations for cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
- This competition is open to all applicants; and
- Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants or other Indigenous applicants who self-declare as being a First Nations person or of other Indigenous ancestry.
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council (MLTC) is seeking dynamic, motivated individual to fill a full time, permanent position of Dental Therapist.
The MLTC Dental Therapist will provide basic preventative, diagnostic and restorative dental care to school age children and in emergency situations provide services to adults. Candidates will work within a holistic health approach and support ongoing community development in the field of dental health service delivery. As an employee of the MLTC, Primary Care services, you will receive clinical supervision and program support from the MLTC Senior Dental Therapist. You will be expected to participate as a member of the health team in the First Nation(s) where you provide services.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Graduate from a Certified/Diploma School of Dental Therapy and eligibility for registration with the Saskatchewan Dental Therapist’s Association.
- Certificate in First Aid & CPR.
- Experience and knowledge of dental health principles and their relationship to health and disease as they apply to public health practices.
- Must have excellent public relations to work with children, families, and communities in continued education of Dental Health Promotion.
- Knowledgeable and respectful of First Nations culture and protocols in a health care context.
- Ability to work with other professionals both independently and as a team member.
- Have excellent organizational, decision making and professional judgement skills.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), problem solving, and time management skills.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and able to travel extensively.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance (Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check); copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) recent supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Jolene Iron, Senior Dental Therapist @ (306)236-5817, or visit our website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Open Deadline
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.