Kopahawakenum Community School is seeking highly motivated and dedicated individual to fill a position of Education Assistant for the 2022-23 school year. The school is located on the Flying Dust First Nation on the northeast side of the City of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan. The Kopahawakenum Community School offers a complete, modern educational program from Kindergarten to Grade 8. The school features a gym with change rooms, a multi-purpose room, a library, a home economics room, PAA room, science and computer labs, and several resource areas.
The beautifully designed school hosts a pre-kindergarten program to grade 8. The school has created a welcoming environment for learning and provides ample opportunities for the students. Kopahawakenum Community School promotes a strong balanced literacy program while incorporating language and culture into their school identity.
- Early Childhood Education Diploma/Certificate; or Grade 12 Diploma with experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with early childhood development/education: Saskatchewan’s Essential Learning Experiences, Kindergarten Curriculum, Early Years Evaluation, Early Childhood Development is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with children of all ages.
- Strong communication skills to interact with children, parents/caregivers and educators.
- Cognizant of and have working knowledge of Canada’s Indigenous Peoples and how to integrate their culture, values and history into the curriculum.
- Have high standards and expectations for academic achievement, especially in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
- Have excellent classroom management skills, and able to utilize and demonstrate positive classroom/behavior management strategies.
- Accommodate and include special needs children by adjusting communication / teaching styles and curriculum as required for inclusion.
- Committed to completing the school year.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; current resume stating qualifications and employment experience; copies of credentials; current RCMP Criminal Records / Vulnerable Sector Checks; a copy of a valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust First Nation
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-1357
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Read, MLTC Superintendent @ (306)288-7800 or Cheryl Derocher, KCS Principal @ (306)240-5881, or you can visit our website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, August 12th, 2022
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.