Human Resources (HR) Officer – One (1) year term position
MLTC Education is seeking a highly motivated dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to join our Human Resources team. It’s a 1-year term position with the possibility of a permanent role. The successful candidate will work within a team environment with minimal supervision, will exercise initiative, prioritize tasks, and independently carry out work to completion.
Reporting directly to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Officer will receive broad exposure to all HR aspects and provide organizational assistance in the following functional areas: recruitment, pay and benefits administration, records management, HRIS management, employee relations, new employee orientation and processes.
DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in design, development and implementation of people programs in Education department.
- Recruitment and staffing initiatives, but not limited to: Posting employment ads, coordinating interviews and job postings, developing interview questions, performing reference checks, letter of offers, new employee orientation, enrolment to group benefits, management of HRIS.
- Revise and conduct employee on-boarding when applicable.
- Assist on employee payroll and benefits administration and effectively work with MLTC HR and Finance teams.
- Assist and advise employees with policies and procedures.
- Responding to employee inquiries, identifying needs and escalating issues when needed.
- Maintain employee records and files (manual and electronically).
- Maintain HRIS and ensure employee data is updated in a timely manner.
- Compile, analyze and report on data with using HR metrics.
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
- Post-secondary education in the field of Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field from a recognized institute, and/or equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3-4 years work experience in human resources generalist / HR administration within a fast-paced office environment.
- CPHR/ CHRP or working towards CPHR/ CHRP designation would be an asset.
- Must be proficient and well-experienced in computer applications: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook.
- Working knowledge on SAGE HRMS or other HR application and databases would be an asset.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills; demonstrated group presentation skills.
- Able to observe & maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Able to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and pay attention to detail in all areas while working under pressure to meet deadlines or in responding to changing priorities.
- Able to provide excellent and respectful professional client/employee service.
- Able to take initiative, self-starter, proactive, result-driven and work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge & experience with First Nations culture, traditions and beliefs, and able to speak and understand Cree and/or Dene is a definite asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact John Cherian, Human Resources Manager @ 306-236-5654 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net.
Extended Deadline: January 20th, 2021
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.