Education Technology Administrator (Fixed term Contract)
The MLTC Office of Education is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Education Technology Administrator. The Education Technology Administrator is responsible for supporting school-based administrators and teaching staff as well as the MLTC Education staff in all areas related to technology and innovation use in the classroom and online environments for our nine (9) MLFN schools and the MLTC Education Office.
Further develop the MLTC Website as an interactive resource for our teachers, students, parents, and MLTC Education Staff.
- Train and assist MLFN Schools in utilizing their School’s websites as a resource tool to showcase the community, use as a communication tool and resource for parents, students, staff, and community members.
- Train and support video creation and editing of MLTC Education professional development and training sessions.
- Social Media & Blogging – support teachers and School Based Administrators in using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. tied to curricular outcomes and in showcasing Schools their events and achievements.
- Evaluate and support methods of social media to be used in schools to achieve an online presence.
- Support SBA’s in developing a technology plan for their school and evaluate user needs for technology supports including life cycle and replenishment of new devices based on budgets.
- Evaluating the functionality of new software and apps.
- Supporting Smartboards in the MLTC Education office as well as the 9 MLFN’s including projector alignment, smartboard functionality and software updates.
- Supporting desktop software end-user training as needed for 9 MLFN’s as well as MLTC Education staff.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Assist with MLTC Office of Education initiatives and other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have: Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or Education (or industry equivalent); Master’s Degree or commitment to begin graduate studies in an appropriate field.
- Experience in working with First Nations’ Schools & Communities
- Willing to travel to the First Nation Communities; work within a team setting and independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in computer software applications: MAC platform and Microsoft Software Systems or related field and several years of experience working in a variety of platforms.
- Experience in developing and maintaining websites, google classroom, mobile device management, etc.
- Demonstrate skills in databases, data collection, and data analysis.
- Support of land, language, relationship & culture initiatives.
- Evidence of successful teaching of technology and/or work in a related field is desirable.
- Experience in developing and maintaining school networks is desirable and a definite asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Heather Merasty, Senior Director of Education @ (306)-236-5654, or visit our website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: October 23rd, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.