Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
The MLTC Technical Services Department is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Electrical & Instrumentation Technician (EIT). The EIT is required to troubleshoot advanced technical equipment within all facilities that are affiliated with MLTC. The EIT is also responsible to assist Operators with the repairs and maintenance of the plant’s electrical and control systems and filtration processes, in addition, they will adjust equipment as the need arises.
- Provide written reports, conduct annual reviews and provide condition reports
- Assist, train and advise operators in all aspects of the building systems, including trouble shooting on specific operational problems. Capital repairs, equipment servicing and maintenance of facility
- A Journeyman Electrician or Electrical Engineer certification
- Dual Instrumentation & Electrical certification preferred
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Electrical and Instrumentation in an industrial environment, preferably in Waste Water Treatment facility.
- Inter-provincial Trade certification – Electrician (442 A License) or Instrumentation and Control Technician (447A License)
- Knowledge of SCADA System.
- PLC maintenance troubleshooting and programming skills (Allen Bradley)
- Intermediate level of PLC and VFD maintenance troubleshooting skills, and basic programming skills.
- Practical experience with VFD’s, Servo controls, Pneumatics and Power Distribution Systems.
- Sound instrumentation knowledge.
- 2 – 3 years practical experience in the Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation field.
- Possession of another Trade certificate (Pipefitter and Mechanical) is an asset.
- Strong Computer Skills – working knowledge of basic Maintenance Management Software (SAP) and Microsoft applications.
- Capability to read, interpret and utilize blueprints and drawings.
- Knowledge of Water Filtration Systems.
- Ability to speak/understand Cree/Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Sulaiman Oggu, Manager of Tech. Services @ (306) 236-5654, also, visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, April 16, 2021
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.