Employment Services Officer
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full time, permanent position of Employment Services Officer. The successful candidate will join the ‘Economic Development Team’ and will be responsible for researching, conducting, and promoting employment and training needs/assessments for individuals within the ML First Nation communities, and various industry providers.
- Researching and conducting employment/training needs assessments with industry providers and F.N. community members.
- Communicate with Meadow Lake First Nation communities to promote employment and training opportunities for the First Nations and their membership.
- Network with Industry to develop Partnerships with Employers and Training Institutions focusing on creating opportunities for our communities and clients.
- Develop proposals in cooperation with funding agencies/training providers for training programs to enhance employment opportunities; coordinate and develop training programs.
- Developing and overseeing programming both in the nine First Nations and at the Tribal Council level.
- Maintain communication with F.N. community economic development teams and F.N. personnel for training & employment needs.
- Prepare reports for funding agencies and internal governing bodies.
- Data entry for SITAG-ISETS, NCQ, and employment monitoring.
- Background/experience in working with First Nations administration with an understanding of community development processes.
- Preferred: Relevant post-secondary training (Business Admin., Commerce, Education, or equivalent.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively assist with clientele interviews, meetings, etc.
- Excellent report writing skills with demonstrated ability in research, written communication, and computer data processing.
- Creative, innovative, organized, dependable, and able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with clients in a respectful and understanding manner to develop effective working relationships.
- Informed about Cree/Dene cultural values, customs and beliefs; ability to speak Cree and/or Dene will be considered an asset.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: a letter of application; resume stating qualifications and related work experience; copies of credentials and driver’s license; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Joelle Norman, Employment & Training Services Manager, at (306) 236-5654, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021