GIS Mapper/Water Quality Technician
Summer Student Employment Opportunity
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council (MLTC) is a university student to fill the Summer Student term position of GIS Mapper/Water Quality Technician.
The GIS Mapper/Water Quality Technician (WQT) is part of a multi-disciplinary health team, and is responsible for utilizing Geographical Simultaneous Laser Area Mapping (Geo-SLAM) equipment to produce visual mapping of flood plain elevation. This process is an integral part of Meadow Lake Tribal Councils effort to address climate change mitigation efforts. The student will also monitor the safety and quality of water systems that serve the nine Meadow Lake First Nations (MLFNs).
Qualifications and Skills:
- Preferred: University Student
- Minimum: Gr. 12 or GED Equivalent Student
- Proficient with computers, i.e. Microsoft Office, E-mail, Internet etc.
- Ability to safely and effectively work outdoors for long periods of time
- Process oriented individuals with keen attention to consistency in scanning process
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), problem solving, and time management skills
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and able to travel extensively
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance (Criminal Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check); copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Daryl Wright, Emergency Response Plan Coordinator @ (306) 236-5817 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.