Grade 5/6 Teacher – Employment Opportunity
Birch Narrows Dene Community School is seeking applications for a Grade 5/6 Teacher for the 2020-21 school year. Birch Narrows Dene Nation is a community of approximately 750-800 people situated in beautiful Northern Saskatchewan. The school is band-controlled and accommodates students from Grades N-12. The school features a gym with change rooms, a multi-purpose room, a library, a home economics room, PAA room, science and computer labs, and several resource areas.
The school is proud to establish a community of learners through positive relationships which promote Dene/Cree/Michif cultures, languages, and traditional knowledge. The school has a cabin and offers Land-Based education, which incorporates a holistic approach to bridging Indigenous ways of knowing and academics to prepare students to succeed in the education system.
- Bachelor of Education degree or higher from an accredited institution; Eligible for a Saskatchewan Professional “A” or Provisional Professional “A” teaching certificate.
- Have a working knowledge of Canada’s Indigenous Peoples and to integrate their culture, values and history into the curriculum.
- Have high standards and expectations for academic achievement, especially in the areas of literacy and numeracy.
- Have excellent classroom management skills and ability in utilizing positive classroom/ behavior management strategies.
- Accommodate and include special needs children by adjusting teaching styles and curriculum as required for inclusion.
- Committed to completing the school year.
- We offer our employees: STF Provincial Salary Grid; Comprehensive Benefits Package and Pension Plan including CPP; Northern Allowance with a signing bonus; plus subsidized and furnished accommodations.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust First Nation
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Reed, Superintendent of Education @ (306)288-7800, or visit our website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, August 7th, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.