The MLTC Health & Social Development Department is seeking a qualified Registered Nurse to fill the full-time position of Home Care Coordinator.
This Position plays an essential role in two components of MLTC Health Services Delivery Plan. Under the Direction of the MLTC Nursing Manager, The MLTC Home Care Coordinator will be expected to work with each of the nine Meadow Lake First Nations to continue to achieve their vision for home care that includes all of the “Essential Elements” of the Home and Community Care Program. This position will also integrate in-depth clinical expertise and experience in the provision of diabetes prevention and education, screening, palliative care and quality clinical care for clients, families and health professionals.
MLTC offers competitive wage comparison. We also offer a comprehensive benefit plan including Dental, Extended Health, Sick Leave and a Pension Plan Match.
POSITION DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Community Development; Training and Capacity Building for Community Home Care Staff
- Ensure that the Communities complete the client home care assessments and reassessments
- Program Support; Nursing and Home Care Worker Support
- Strategic planning and Suggestions for Policy review and updates
- Program Reporting Requirements
- Communication, Advocacy, and Promotion of Independent Living
- Supply and equipment resource for Communities
- Program Education
- Advocate or coordinate with/for Client/Families; Health Professionals; Students and Community Organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing; eligible for registration with College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS).
- Strong home care admin knowledge, familiar with eSDRT
- Will possess excellent interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills; excellent communication (written/verbal) and presentation skills.
- Preferred experience in Nursing full to include some of the following: clinical experience in Chronic Disease & management; Community Nursing; Client/Family health education, facilitating, and leading group activities; program/resource development related to needs assessment, planning, program design, implementation, and evaluation; experience working with Indigenous people.
- Proficient with computers, i.e., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook.
- Ability to travel extensively and possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Chronic Disease Management certification or a willingness to obtain and maintain this certification. (MLTC will support obtaining this certification)
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations and Metis customs, family systems, practices, health needs and health care organizations.
- Ability to speak or understand a First Nations language is an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) recent professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Girija Nair, MLTC Nursing Program Manager @ (306) 236-5817 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Tuesday, June 21, 2022
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.