ISETS Outreach Counsellor (Term)
3 Month Employment Opportunity
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full time, 3 month term position of ISETS Outreach Counsellor. This position may be extended based on program needs. The successful candidate will join the ‘Economic Development Team’ and is responsible for working with clients and assisting them with training and employment needs. The Outreach Counsellor will be responsible for ensuring clients are eligible for employment/training assistance and determine what resources are needed on a case by case Action Plan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and conduct training need assessments with clientele.
- Counsel and assist clients in training, employment readiness, and developing career path.
- Develop rapport with students/clientele to handle issues related to addictions; improve self-awareness; and develop skills to enhance individual productivity and prosperity.
- Develop working rapport with prospective employers in the area for hiring of all clientele presented, and based on the various barriers each clientele is facing.
- Provide liaison among clients, employers and training institutions.
- Assist clients in identifying and accessing funding programs.
- Prepare reports as required under TAS program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant post-secondary training in Business Administration, Commerce, Education, or equivalent.
- Background/experience in working with First Nations administration with an understanding of community development processes.
- Excellent report writing skills with demonstrated ability in research, written communication, and computer data processing.
- Creative, innovative, organized, dependable, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with clients in a respectful and understanding manner to develop effective working relationships.
- Informed about Cree/Dene cultural values, customs and beliefs; ability to speak Cree and/or Dene will be considered an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able and willing to travel.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and work experience, copies of credentials and driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Joelle Norman, Employment & Training Services Manager @ (306) 236-5654, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Wednesday, May 19, 2021