Librarian – 2022-23 School Year
Birch Narrows Dene Community School is seeking applications to fill the position of Librarian for the 2022-23 school year. Birch Narrows Dene Nation is a community of approximately 750-800 people situated in beautiful Northern Saskatchewan. The school accommodates students from Grades N-12. The school features a gym with change rooms, a multi-purpose room, a library, a home economics room, PAA room, science and computer labs, and several resource areas.
BNDCS is proud to establish a community of learners through positive relationships which promote Dene/Cree/Michif cultures, languages, and traditional knowledge. The school has a cabin and offers Land-Based education, which incorporates a holistic approach to bridging Indigenous ways of knowing and academics to prepare students to succeed in the education system.
- Grade 12 diploma. Experience providing services in a public library. Any post secondary education would be an asset.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all administration, staff, students, outside agencies, and the community exercising excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of library science. Working knowledge of current computer systems and software associated with the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to create and maintain an inventory system of resources.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple demands.
- Ability to instruct and manage student behavior in a library setting
- Create a library setting that supports student learning and engages students in literacy
- Ability to plan and organize different engaging activities that promote literacy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision using sound judgment and decision- making skills to ensure quality of work meets expected standards.
- Ability to train and motivate staff to use library services to support student growth.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and ensure the safety and security of confidential information regarding students and any school operations.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a manner appropriate to an educational institution that provides services to children and families.
- We offer our employees: Comprehensive Benefits Package & Pension Plan including CPP.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; current resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Criminal Records / Vulnerable Sector Checks; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust First Nation
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-1357
For more information, please contact Patricia St Denis, Superintendent of Education @ (306)845-7015, or Karen Sylvestre, BNDCS Principal @ (306)894-2077 or visit our website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, July 8th, 2022
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.