LLRC Early Learning Consultant
Meadow Lake Tribal Council – Education is now accepting applications to fill an Early Learning Consultant. This position will be based at Meadow Lake and is a position based on the school year calendar. The Early Learning Consultant will report directly to the MLTC Superintendent of Education. The Early Learning Consultant will provide support in center/classroom-based and in-home services for children in Headstart/Nursery and Kindergarten, and Grade 1-3. The Early Learning Consultant will work collaboratively with staff/teachers, Headstart, daycare, and Maternal Health services within the Meadow Lake Tribal Council. The Early Learning Consultant will support the Talk2Learn program. These supports reflect our collaborated best practices and MLTC Education initiatives.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
- Standardized Program Assessments; Needs Assessments, Early Years Evaluation, and Report Card
- Professional Development – co-present and facilitate for all MLFN – Early Childhood Education staff and Grade 1-3 teachers
- Assist in implementing “Play and Exploration” along with the Early Learning Environment Rating Scale
- In-class mentoring support for teachers in the area of numeracy; networking for teachers through classroom visits and technology
- Work closely with MLTC Early Learning Team, Head Start, Daycare, and Maternal Child Health Workers
- Providing professional development and training supports to Early Literacy Interventionists (ELIs), Kindergarten teachers, Nursery teachers, and Grade 1-3 teachers (and other school staff as needed).
- Support Early Learning classrooms with year planning, unit planning, lesson plans, and day plans.
- Facilitate video feedback sessions with ELIs to allow ELIs to reflect on the use of language development strategies with students.
- Assist with MLTC Office of Education initiatives and other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education; Master’s Degree or commitment to begin graduate studies in a field appropriate to Early Childhood Education.
- Saskatchewan Professional A Teachers’ Certification or the ability to obtain such standing; and a minimum of five (5) years of teaching experience.
- Experience in working with First Nations’ Schools & Communities.
- Willing to travel to the First Nation Communities; work within a team setting and independently.
- Support land, language, relationship & culture initiatives
- Knowledge and/or willingness to obtain training to support MLTC’s initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Assessment for Learning Model (triangulation of evidence)
- Diagnostic Assessments (EYE, BCM and Common Math Assessment), Formative Assessments (in-house tracking) and Summative Assessments
- Microsoft Office
- MLTC Common Report Card
- Google Suite
- Experience working with the concepts of Data Driven Instruction, Understanding by Design, and Differentiated Instruction
- Attend regular internal meetings with Coordinators/Consultants based on the involvement in regards to the specific initiatives
- Implementation of school-based needs and providing long-range second-level service & delivery – modeling, co-planning, co-teaching, co-assessment.
- Timely feedback/reporting of project outcomes and successes to the coordinator
- Monitoring and follow-up on project timelines
- Regular communication with designated school-based administrators and coordinators/consultants
- Facilitation of PD presentation (provide rationale for contract requests/fee for service for PD, school-based needs and external consultants, content development, resource material preparation)
- Support for all event planning details and collaboration with team members
Budgets & Reports
- Collaborate as a team to provide estimates for ordering of resources and PD delivery
- Responsible for submission of monthly reports and data to Coordinators
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Lisa Chatelaine, Superintendent of Education @ (306) 236-5654, or visit our website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: May 19th, 2022