MLTC Administrative Support – Casual Pool
MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations for cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
- This competition is open to all applicants; and
- Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants or other Indigenous applicants who self-declare as being a First Nations person or of other Indigenous ancestry.
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking energetic motivated individuals to replenish our casual pool of Administrative Support employees. The successful candidates will be placed on the MLTC Pooled List of Casual Administrative Support Employees, they will provide administrative support/reception duties relevant to various program areas requirements/needs at the main MLTC locations in Meadow Lake and at the Sub Office in Buffalo Narrows.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correspondence – will type, copy, fax, and mail all reports, letters, memos, forms, timesheets, payroll information, and other documents/correspondence to the appropriate individual/program as required by various MLTC Departments/Programs.
- Maintain current/archive filing systems; organize, prepare, and deliver resource materials for meetings/presentations; minute taking; booking facilities/rooms, etc.
- Answer/forward incoming calls; greet and provide assistance to all visitors etc.
- Provide program support to the various Departments/Programs and other delegated duties as assigned by the Administrative Support Supervisors.
- Grade 12
- Certificate/Diploma in Admin. from a recognized institute and/or work experience in office administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge in office procedures; ability to maintain accurate records/files and documentation; excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in computer software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, personal and professional integrity.
- Able to work under pressure, independently, and in a team environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of MLTC and First Nation history, cultures, and values.
- Ability to understand/speak Cree and/or Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact either Diana Tracz at (306) 236-5654, Shaina McCallum at (306) 236-5817, or visit the MLTC Website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Open Deadline
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.