The MLTC Health & Social Development Department is seeking qualified Registered Nurses (RN/RN AAP’s) to add to the MLTC Relief Nursing Pool.
The Relief Nursing Pool provides support to the Primary Care communities and Public Health Nursing programs in the Meadow Lake First Nations (MLFN’s) on a casual call-in basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing;
- Registered, or eligible for registration with College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS).
- Registered, or eligible for registration with College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS) with AAP designation.
- Recent community health and/or public health nursing experience of at least 1 to 3 years.
- Recent emergency and/or acute care nursing experience of at least 1 to 3 years.
- Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), International Trauma Lift Support (ITLS), Basic Life Support (BLS-C) or Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) are mandatory
- Other relevant experience and certifications in northern nursing and First Nations health care is an asset.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple demands and work independently within a multidisciplinary health team.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to First Nations’ culture and beliefs; issues and barriers.
- Ability to fluently speak and understand Cree/Dene is considered a valuable asset.
- Proficiency in computer software/hardware applications and programs.
- Ability to travel to all Meadow Lake First Nations and regional centres.
- Salary ranges from $47.78/hr to $77.45/hr
- Education Allowance offered
- MLTC pays hourly rate for hours of travel from home base to community
- MLTC will compensate travel expenses from home base to community, mileage and meals.
- Furnished accommodations provided in remote communities at no cost
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) recent supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Girija Nair, Nursing Programs Director @ (306) 236-5817 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Continuous acceptance of applicants until further notice
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.