MLTC is seeking highly motivated, detail oriented, individuals to fill two (2) full time, permanent positions of Receptionists. The successful candidates will provide administrative support services in the areas of reception & secretarial duties as assigned; they will be required to demonstrate initiative; determine the sequence in which tasks are performed, and the work methods utilized for task completion.
- Demonstrating excellent public relations skills interacting with all MLTC guests and employees
- Able to have the Main Office/Health Office open and the workplace prepared for daily operation before staff and public arrive.
- Perform Reception Duties – operating a switchboard, taking and relaying messages, greeting public
- Typing, filing, incoming & outgoing mail, emails, faxes, operating various office equipment.
- Collecting leave & attendance information (Forms: Request for Leave, OT Tracking, etc.)
- Meeting Preparation – provide assistance with notifications, agenda, assembling correspondence, kits, etc.
- Supplies – order, tracking, storage and delivery of supplies ordered for staff.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum: Grade 12 or GED Equivalent
- Preferred: Certificate/Diploma from a recognized institute and/or work experience in office administration.
- Excellent public relations skills, verbal & written communication skills, and work ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge in office procedures; ability to maintain accurate records/files and documentation; excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in computer software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team environment, and independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of MLTC and First Nation history, cultures, and values.
- Ability to understand/speak Cree and/or Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and valid driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance (Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check), and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
Meadow Lake Tribal Council
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Diana Tracz, Office Manager or Shaina McCallum, HSD Executive Program Assistant @ (306) 236-5654 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.