Registered Psychiatric Nurses
The MLTC Nursing Department is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill the two (2) 1 year term positions of Registered Psychiatric Nurses. The primary responsibility is to provide mental health support to our home care clients, as well as children and youth (0-18) under Jordan’s Principle. Client services are provided in variety of settings: Health Centres, client’s homes, etc. These positions also require occasional travel to the MLTC First Nation communities.
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, Values, and strategic direction of the Meadow Lake Tribal Council, patient and staff safety are a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety in inherent in all aspects of these positions.
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing (Preferably with certification in Mental Health)
- Minimum three (3) years of Psychiatric Nursing experience; Preferably five (5) or more years’ experience in Psych. Nursing
- Knowledge of Mental Health problems/issues, addictions, concurrent disorders, suicide, family violence, intergenerational trauma, etc.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA) or Registered Psychiatric Nurses Association of Saskatchewan (RPNAS)
- Ability to speak/understand Cree/Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Eden Foreman, Nursing Program Director @ (306) 236-5817 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, March 5, 2021
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.