MLTC was created by nine First Nations located in north-west Saskatchewan who have constitutionally recognized aboriginal rights and Treaty Rights under Treaties #6, #8 and #10. The primary purpose of MLTC is to serve those First Nations in their aspirations for cultural, economic and political autonomy. As a private sector employer engaged primarily in promoting and serving the interests of the member First Nations, MLTC asserts its right to provide preferential treatment to First Nations people, giving them priority in decisions on employment matters such as hiring, and this can extend to measures such as opening competitions only to First Nations people.
This competition is open to all applicants; and
Preference will be given to qualified First Nations applicants or other Indigenous applicants who self-declare as being a First Nations person or of other Indigenous ancestry;
Kopahawakenum Community School is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to fill the position of School Nutritionist for the 2023-24 school year. The school is located on the Flying Dust First Nation on the northeast side of the City of Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan. The Kopahawakenum Community School offers a complete, modern educational program from Kindergarten to Grade 8. The school features a gym with change rooms, a multi-purpose room, a library, a home economics room, PAA room, science and computer labs, and several resource areas.
The beautifully designed school hosts a pre-kindergarten program to grade 8. The school has created a welcoming environment for learning and provides ample opportunities for the students. Kopahawakenum Community School promotes a strong balanced literacy program while incorporating language and culture into their school identity.
- Food Handling Course/Certification in Food Preparation
- Grade 12 Diploma with experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with early childhood development/education: Saskatchewan’s Essential Learning Experiences, Kindergarten Curriculum, Early Years Evaluation, Early Childhood Development is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with children of all ages.
- Strong communication skills to interact with children, parents/caregivers and educators.
- Cognizant of and have working knowledge of Canada’s Indigenous Peoples and how to integrate their culture, values and history into the curriculum.
- Clean, organize, and maintain school kitchen and appliances daily and seasonally.
- Identifies areas of need and provides appropriate training and in-service staff development opportunities.
- Committed to completing the school year.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; current resume stating qualifications and employment experience; copies of credentials; current RCMP Criminal Records / Vulnerable Sector Checks; a copy of a valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust First Nation
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-1357
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Read, MLTC Superintendent @ (306)288-7800 or Cheryl Derocher, KCS Principal @ (306)236-9513, or you can visit our website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, June 9th, 2023
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.