Post-Secondary Summer Students
School to Work Mentors (2)
MLTC is recruiting Post-Secondary students for summer employment. We would like to hire two (2) School to Work Mentors who will oversee the School to Work Program. The STW Mentors will mentor and guide the High School Summer Students to gain work experience and training to help them in developing long-term career development actions and gaining essential skills for employment.
- MLTC First Nation Member.
- Post-secondary student returning or going to school in the Fall of 2022.
- Positive role model; show high level of maturity, self-reliant, etc.
- Ability to work independently/with minimum supervision, and in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Responsible, reliable, prompt, creative, organized.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of First Nations culture.
- Ability to speak Cree and/or Dene would be an asset.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License is a valuable asset.
- Salary Range: $17.00 – $25.00/hour
- Duration: 2 – 3 months
- Start Date: Tentative – ASAP – August 27
Interested applicants are invited to submit:
- Letter of application (Cover Letter), resume stating qualifications and related work experience.
- Current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance (Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check)
- Confirmation of attendance to Post-Secondary institute as of Fall of 2022
- A list of three (3) current professional references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more info, please contact Joelle Norman, Employment Services Manager @ 306-236-5654. Also, visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, June 24, 2022
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.