MLTC is seeking a competent, confident, motivated Senior Accountant. This position supervises the activities of three Accounting Officers and three Accounting Technicians, and provides a wide range of accounting and financial reporting services using Sage 300 ERP. Join a supportive team with high work standards that excels at the numbers, (and has fun doing it!).
- Maintain files of funding Agreements, understand Terms & Conditions, monitor cash releases, allocate revenues to appropriate Programs and assist with financial reporting.
- Maintain General Ledger and sub-ledgers, ensuring all financial transactions are recorded appropriately on a timely basis, and consistently across the various MLTC entities
- Set work standards for G/L and A/P processing, billing/invoicing and reconciliations
- Support the monthly financial statement cycle including reconciliations (bank, sub-ledgers) and account and budget analysis.
- Supervise all payroll processing and remittances
- Year-end audit preparation (accruals, deferrals, working papers, funding confirmations)
- Supervise the accounting staff, set direction and work standards, and balance workloads
- Contribute to process improvements and financial policy and procedures development while ensuring appropriate consideration is given to the system of internal control
- Provide leadership to the Accounting unit in the absence of the Sr. Director of Finance & Corp. Services
- Relevant combination of training and work experience. Some post-secondary Education is preferred: Diploma in Accounting, or BAdmin/Accounting major and/or Payroll Compliance Practitioner PCP. A CPA designation would be ideal for succession planning.
- Experience in an automated accounting system, preferably in a non-profit or First Nations government organization. Knowledge of First Nations’ funding as transferred under federal and provincial funding agreements. Attention to detail, numerical accuracy, and strong organizational skills are required. Must be proficient with spreadsheets and payroll processing.
- Supervision experience is required.
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team environment, and also independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of MLTC and First Nation history, cultures, and values.
- Ability to understand/speak Cree and/or Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and valid driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
Meadow Lake Tribal Council
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Isabelle Opikokew, Senior Director of Finance @ (306) 236-5654, also, visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, April 16, 2021
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.