The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist to join the SLP team in the Office of Education. The successful candidate will work closely with and form an integral part of the MLTC Student Services team while focusing on collaboration and consultation with the nine (9) Meadow Lake First Nation schools in providing supports and programming.
- Use a variety of formal and informal tests and procedures to assess and identify language, speech, voice, resonance, and fluency disorders.
- Provide consultation and intervention services for students with fluency disorders.
- Educate and counsel clients, families and school staff regarding communication disorders.
- Design and employ augmentative and alternative communication strategies and devices.
- Develop and implement treatment plans for students with articulation delays or disorders.
- Educate and supervise support staff to implement articulation therapy.
- Collaborate with other SLP to support students with Autism utilizing Reference and Regulate therapy.
- Work in collaboration with the Early Learning Team in the areas of Early Years Evaluation (EYE), language and literacy interventions (Hanen programs, PASS, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in the area of responsibility; must be a member of and licensed with the Saskatchewan Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (SASLPA).
- Willing to travel extensively to the First Nation Communities with possible overnight stays; work within a team setting and independently.
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal/Written); decision making skills; professional judgment skills: and organizational/time-management skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Read, Superintendent of Education @ (306) 288-7800.
Deadline: Until Position Is Filled – Review Date: November 6, 2020
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.