Pre-Employment Program Caseworkers
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Economic Development
Employment Terms: Temporary
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 0
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 10/12/2017
Expiration Date: 10/20/2017
Pre-Employment Caseworkers (7 month term)
MLTC is seeking highly motivated individuals to fill term positions of Pre-employment Caseworkesr to join the ‘Economic Development Team’. The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct services to the Meadow Lake First Nation membership in a client centered approach; conduct assessment and counseling of social assistance clients; develop a plan of action which assists the clients with the transition to training and employment.
- Explain program criteria and eligibility to clients regarding the Pre-Employment Program.
- Ensure clientele that are being assessed that each First Nation Social Development Program has made it mandatory for all clientele in the 18-24 range to fill out documentation, and forms needed to begin the process of work readiness, and any other related training/employment required.
- Conduct individual client career planning strategies to determine attainable and appropriate education, training and employment goals; assist clients to the appropriate funding agency; assist clients with career building.
- Experience in developing and delivering skills enhancement group workshops; presentations to large groups.
- Monitor client progress via a data base, periodic contact by phone or in person; measure success of clientele intervention through regular, diligent follow up strategies and procedures.
- Support clients in understanding themselves through counseling, coaching or testing means.
- Encourage client to make informed work and learning choices through a variety of multi-media resources.
- Assist multi-barrier clients via crisis management and problem solving strategies towards entering or re-entering the labor force by the identification, analysis, mediation and resolution of conflicts that may impede the individual’s transition into work or training.
- Client referrals are provided by the MLFN Social Development Administrators and forwarded on to the MLTC ASETS & Employment Services Coordinators for assessing training and employment support programs.
- Liaison with Meadow Lake First Nation Social Development Administrators in monitoring/adhering to Federal & Provincial agreements.
- Post-secondary education in related area and/or a combination of training and work experience will be considered.
- Interest in/and commitment to social development.
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate and manage major initiatives.
- Supervisory skills and experience.
- Willing and able to travel.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: a letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials, copy of valid driver’s license, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, and three (3) current professional SUPERVISORY references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Joelle Norman, Employment & Training Services Manager at (306) 236-5654, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Extended Deadline: Friday, October 20, 2017
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.