Pre-Employment Program Caseworkers
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Economic Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 3
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 10/25/2017
Expiration Date: 11/02/2017
Pre-Employment Caseworkers (Term Positions)
MLTC is seeking three (3) highly motivated individuals to fill term positions of Pre-employment Caseworkesr to join the ‘Economic Development Team’. The primary purpose of these positions is to provide direct services to the Meadow Lake First Nation membership in a client centered approach; conduct assessment and counseling of social assistance clients; develop a plan of action which assists the clients with the transition to training and employment. Two (2) positions will be based out of the Buffalo Narrows Sub Office and one (1) position based out of the MLTC main office in Flying Dust.
- Explain program criteria and eligibility to clients regarding the Pre-Employment Program.
- Ensure clientele that are being assessed that each First Nation Social Development Program has made it mandatory for all clientele in the 18-24 range to fill out documentation, and forms needed to begin the process of work readiness, and any other related training/employment required.
- Conduct individual client career planning strategies to determine attainable and appropriate education, training and employment goals; assist clients to the appropriate funding agency; assist clients with career building.
- Experience in developing and delivering skills enhancement group workshops; presentations to large groups.
- Monitor client progress via a data base, periodic contact by phone or in person; measure success of clientele intervention through regular, diligent follow up strategies and procedures.
- Support clients in understanding themselves through counseling, coaching or testing means.
- Encourage client to make informed work and learning choices through a variety of multi-media resources.
- Assist multi-barrier clients via crisis management and problem solving strategies towards entering or re-entering the labor force by the identification, analysis, mediation and resolution of conflicts that may impede the individual’s transition into work or training.
- Client referrals are provided by the MLFN Social Development Administrators and forwarded on to the MLTC ASETS & Employment Services Coordinators for assessing training and employment support programs.
- Liaison with Meadow Lake First Nation Social Development Administrators in monitoring/adhering to Federal & Provincial agreements.
- Post-secondary education in related area and/or a combination of training and work experience will be considered.
- Interest in/and commitment to social development.
- Organizational skills and ability to coordinate and manage major initiatives.
- Supervisory skills and experience.
- Willing and able to travel.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: a letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials, copy of valid driver’s license, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, and three (3) current professional SUPERVISORY references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Joelle Norman, Employment & Training Services Manager at (306) 236-5654, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Extended Deadline: Thursday, November 2, 2017
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.