Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 09/06/2017
Expiration Date: 09/22/2017
The MLTC Department of Education is seeking a highly motivated, energetic individual to fill the position of Math Coordinator. The successful candidate will work as part of the MLTC Education Team and will report directly to the MLTC Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment.
The Math Coordinator shall be responsible for ensuring that the MLTC math programs adhere to the approved Saskatchewan curriculum and will establish a liaison with the Sask. Ministry of Education. The Math Coordinator will provide leadership and support for the K-12 math programs with emphasis on delivering a Math Program in ML First Nation schools intent on increasing the student’s math levels to grade appropriate levels.
- Provide consulting services to Mathematics teachers within MLFN schools
- Recommend and facilitate professional development activities for the nine (9) First Nations mathematics teachers in all grade levels
- Assisting administrators and teachers in researching and implementing best practices in the delivery of mathematics programs
- Acquiring professional resources for MLTC Office of Education and for MLFN school mathematics programs as required and within budgetary parameters
- Assisting with the development and implementation of MLTC Office of Education programs and initiatives
- Supporting the implementation of the approved curriculum, and quality instruction and assessment at all MLFN schools
- Coordinating with the Math/Science Coordinator to ensure consistency in the application of the MLTC Office of Education Mathematics program
- Implementing best practices of teacher/catalyst improvement to assist all MLFN teachers and catalysts in improving their quality of instruction and assessment. Including, but not limited to team teaching, modeling, one-on-one in class support and assistance with lesson development
- Ensuring regular communication with MLFN school administrators and math catalyst regarding the progress and direction of the mathematics program within their First Nation
- Collaborating with internal and external partners, such as FSIN, Ministry of Education, MLTC Health, Justice, etc.
- Gathering and interpreting relevant data for the purposes of reporting on MLTC Office of Education mathematics programs and services
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment or designate
- Bachelor´s Degree in Education; Master´s Degree or commitment to begin studies appropriate to the Math field in Education
- Minimum five (5) years of teaching experience in the K-12 classroom setting
- Saskatchewan Teachers ´A´ Certification or the ability to obtain such standing
- Training and/or experience with Basic Concepts of Math is a valuable asset; Experience in use of common formative assessments is also considered an asset.
- Experience in working with First Nations’ Schools & Communities.
- Willing to travel to the First Nation Communities; work within a team setting and independently.
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal/Written); decision making skills; professional judgment skills: and organizational/time-management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in computer software applications (i.e. Microsoft - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, etc.)
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance & Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Tanis Crawford, Superintendent of Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment @ (306) 236-5654, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Extended Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2017
MLTC sincerely thanks all individuals for their applications, however,