Superintendent of Education
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: 05/06/2019
Expiration Date: 05/17/2019
SUPERINTENDENT OF EDUCATION
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a dynamic motivated individual to fill a position of Superintendent of Education for the Office of Education to begin as soon as possible and continuing into the 2019-20 school year. It’s a 1-year term position with the possibility of a permanent role.
This position oversees Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment components for MLTC Education. The Superintendent of Education is a member of the Office of Education Senior Leadership Team and Administrative Council that is part of a team responsible for leading and supporting Meadow Lake Tribal Council’s education strategic plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Leads and coordinates the development of instructional programs for MLTC Office of Education, which may include research, plan and organize new curricula and programs.
· Recommends changes in instructional programs for the Senior Director of Education
· Collaboratively attend a minimum of four school visits at all 9 Meadow Lake First Nation’s (MLFN)
· Oversee and support the major proposal driven projects of the MLTC Office of Education
· Develop reports for the proposals according to deadlines
· Provide budget assistance to Senior Director of Education
· Collate coordinator/consultant reports for Senior Director of Education as requested
· Assist in policy development; assist in designing community school strategic plans.
· Integrates knowledge of new materials and coordinates activities relating to the selection of appropriate instructional materials.
· Professional Supervision and Evaluation appraisal of teachers and school-based administrators (new to profession/province or as requested by school administrators or Chief and Council).
· Providing assistance to school administrators when requested – this may include policy development, school planning, interviews, etc.
· Attend meetings with Indigenous Services Canada (ISC), Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nation (FSIN), and other education partners.
· Supervise MLTC Office of Education Staff as per Organizational Chart.
o Portfolios as assigned by Senior Director of Education
§ Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment (CIA)
· Provide support with strategic planning.
· Collaborate with other MLTC departments.
· Chairing of meetings as directed.
· Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Education.
· Master’s Degree in an appropriate educational field from a recognized university.
· Saskatchewan Professional “A” Teaching Certificate and LEADS Membership.
· Experience in working with First Nation Schools & Communities – knowledge of and sensitive to First Nation culture and language(s).
· Experience in supervision of professional staff
· At least 2 years of experience as a School-Based Administrator
· Experience and knowledge in Provincial School systems
· Extensive knowledge in curriculum development, instructional practices, and assessment tools
· Willing to travel extensively to the First Nation Communities; work within a team setting and independently.
· Knowledge and/or willingness to obtain training to support Superintendent of Education initiatives including, but not limited to:
o Microsoft Office
o Google Suite
o ISC Proposals
o Student Data System (Ministry of Education)
o Saskatchewan Professional Teachers Regulatory Board (SPTRB)
o Secondary Program Approval
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Heather Merasty, Senior Director of Education @ (306) 236-5654 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: May 17th, 2019
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.