Recreation Wellness Coordinator
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Health & Social Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: 2-3 Years
Number of Positions: 1
Date Posted: 09/26/2018
Expiration Date: 10/12/2018
Recreation Wellness Coordinator
MLTC Health & Social Development Department is seeking a dynamic motivated individual to fill the two (2) year full-time term position of Recreation Wellness Coordinator.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Health Director, the Recreation Wellness Coordinator (RWC) will support the development of recreation programming capacity for the 9 Meadow lake First Nations. The RWC will develop, Design, coordinate recreation wellness programming and the evaluation of those recreation programs. The RWC will recommend implementation, and monitor recreation policies and directives with the Senior Health Director. The RWC prepares and submits proposals to funding agencies, for the development or recreation wellness programming, programming guidelines, and develops budgetary guidelines and prepares an annual operating budget summary for all recreation wellness programs.
POSITIONS DUTIES (include but not limited to):
- Develop, design, promote, deliver and oversee recreation wellness programs, leisure activities and events, including interdepartmental coordination as may be required.
- Develops and plans for active participation in arts/culture, recreation/sport, and beautification related activities that enhance quality of life
- Helps to guide volunteer groups, community organizations and service clubs in the planning, organization, promotion of recreation wellness events at community facilities
- Develops and evaluates plans/reports and strategies to ensure community needs are met to optimize service levels and encourage community pride and ownership
- Work and liaise with organizations in the area including local schools, organizations, businesses, local sports groups, volunteer organizations and provincial agencies or associations for the purpose of recreation wellness services and events
- Develop communications and promotions for recreation wellness programs, leisure activities and other internet/intranet based systems such as the newsletter, media releases, and social media
- Provides administrative functions including preparing reports, administrative briefing notes, business planning, policies, and budgets
- Assist in preparation of annual budget for recreation wellness programs and events
- Secures program funding to implement recreation programs and support long terms program sustainability, through proposal development to funding agencies
- Planning, implementing and managing a broad range of community recreation services and facilities, and encouraging maximum community involvement and coordination with other organizations
- Directing the development and implementation of recreation wellness programs and the cooperation and maintenance of recreation facilities to fulfill community leisure requirements in accordance with policies set out by the municipality/recreation board
- Planning, organizing and promotion of recreation activities and special events for the community
Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in Recreation, Events Planning, or related field with experience delivering recreation programs and events
Minimum of 2 years’ experience with project management and event logistics in delivering recreation, activities and community events
Ability to deliver a high level of customer service to the general public
Proficient in computers, ie, Microsoft office 2010, word, excel, power-point, outlook
Creative and independent problem solver
Valid driver’s license, certification in First Aid, CPR and AED
Training in High Five or High Five Certified an asset
Preference will be given to individuals who speak either Cree or Dene
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information on position requirements, please contact Flora Fiddler, Senior Director of Health & Social Development @ (306) 236-5817 or visit our website @www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, October 12, 2018
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.