Pre-Employment Program Coordinator
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Economic Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: 2-3 Years
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 06/11/2018
Expiration Date: 06/22/2018
Pre-Employment Program Coordinator (2 Year Term)
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the term position of Pre-Employment Program Coordinator. The successful candidate will join the ‘Economic Development Team’ and will provide direct services to the Meadow Lake First Nation membership in a client centered approach; conduct assessment and counseling of social assistance clients; develop a plan of action which assists the clients with the transition to training and employment.
- Explain program criteria and eligibility regarding the Pre-Employment Program to ensure targeted clients are being assisted.
- Supervise, support and assist Caseworkers on various duties
- Developing and delivering skills enhancement group workshops; presentations to large groups.
- Monitor client progress via a data base, periodic contact by phone or in person; measure success of clientele intervention through regular, diligent follow up strategies and procedures.
- Maintain and update the Training Administration System (TAS).
- Assist multi-barrier clients via crisis management and problem solving strategies towards entering or re-entering the labor force by the identification, analysis, mediation and resolution of conflicts that may impede the individual’s transition into work or training.
- Monthly, Quarterly and year end reporting and submitting of any program related proposals.
- Client referrals are provided by the MLFN Social Development Administrators and forwarded on to the MLTC ASETS & Employment Services Coordinators for assessing training and employment support programs.
- Liaison with Meadow Lake First Nation Social Development Administrators in monitoring/adhering to Federal & Provincial agreements.
· Relevant post-secondary training in Business Administration, Commerce, Education, or equivalent.
· A combination of training and work experience may be considered.
· Background/experience in working with First Nations administration with an understanding of community development processes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively assist with clientele interviews, meetings, etc.
· Excellent report writing skills with demonstrated ability in research, written communication, and computer data processing.
· Creative, innovative, organized, dependable, and able to work independently or in a team environment.
· Must be able to work with clients in a respectful and understanding manner to develop effective working relationships.
· Proficient with computers, i.e. Microsoft Office 2010, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
· An understanding and knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and history and the ability to speak Cree and/or Dene is considered a valuable asset.
· Ability to travel extensively and possession of a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information please contact Christine Derocher, Senior Director of Programs @ (306) 236-5817 or visit our website @www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, June 22, 2018 @ 12:00 Noon
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.