Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: email@example.com
Date Posted: 02/05/2018
Expiration Date: 02/16/2018
MLTC is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, individual to fill the permanent position of Receptionist. The successful candidate will provide administrative support services in the areas of reception & secretarial duties as assigned; is required to demonstrate initiative; determine the sequence in which tasks are performed, and the work methods utilized for task completion.
- Receptionist Duties - operating a switchboard, taking and relaying messages, greeting public.
- Demonstrating excellent public relations skills interacting with all MLTC guests and employees.
- Typing, filing, incoming & outgoing mail, emails, faxes, operating various office equipment.
- Collecting leave & attendance information (Forms: Request for Leave, OT Tracking, etc.)
- Meeting Preparation – notifications, agenda, assembling correspondence, kits, etc.
- Minutes of meetings and follow up.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Certificate/Diploma from a recognized institute and/or work experience in office administration.
- Excellent public relations skills, verbal & written communication skills, and work ethics.
- Demonstrated knowledge in office procedures; ability to maintain accurate records/files and documentation; excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in computer software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality, personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team environment, and independently with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of MLTC and First Nation history, cultures, and values.
- Ability to understand/speak Cree and/or Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and valid driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
Meadow Lake Tribal Council
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Gale Dalke, Office Manager, @ (306) 236-5654 or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, February 16, 2018
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.