Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Other
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 10/25/2017
Expiration Date: 11/24/2017
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Occupational Therapist for the Office of Education. This position is based on a 200 day school year contract with the possibility of contract renewal based on fiscal year funding. The successful candidate will work closely with individuals who have special needs to improve their skills, promote independence and he/she will provide creative strategies, adapt activities, prescribe equipment, and work in health promotion.
*NOTE: If you
are interested but cannot commit to full time employment, we are prepared to
offer on a short term contract arrangement.
· The role is to provide consultative services to community health nurses, parents, classroom teachers, educational assistants, special education teachers, principals and administration.
· Assess individuals with formal and informal measures to determine area of strengths and areas that are challenging.
· Create reports which provide recommendations to the home or school based team which may include (but not limited to): adapting activities, providing equipment, creating individualized programming and making suggestions to improve the learning/home environment.
· Provide consultation to individuals/caregivers/staff as needed. Support the team that works one-on-one with individual(s) to improve skills in specific areas.
· Degree in Occupational Therapy from an approved School of Occupational Therapy.
· Membership in good standing with the Saskatchewan Society of Occupational Therapists.
· Previous experience working with First Nation individuals/communities will be considered.
· Salary is commensurate with qualifications and years of experience.
Incentives: (if applicable)
· Pension & Benefits Package.
· Relocation/Moving Allowance is provided (if applicable).
· Fleet Vehicle provided for travel to communities.
· CAOT Registration and Insurance covered by MLTC.
· SSOT Registration covered by MLTC.
· School Based Contract (200 days)/Professional Development Program in place.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK. S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Read, Superintendent of Education @ (306) 236-5654 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Extended Deadline: Friday, November 24, 2017
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.