Child & Family Therapists
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Child & Family Services
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 2
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 07/08/2019
Expiration Date: 07/19/2019
The MLTC Child & Family Services Department is seeking compassionate, dynamic, highly motivated individuals to fill two (2) full-time positions of Child & Family Therapists; one (1) Therapist will work with the Prevention Program and the other with the Protection Program. The Child & Family Therapists are responsible for the assessment and treatment needs of children and youth suffering from mental health diagnosis and various other complex needs. Services will include intake, assessment, diagnosis, treatment and crisis intervention.
This role involves working with a comprehensive team and requires maintaining effective working relationships with children and families, schools, hospitals, physicians, psychiatrists, behavioral interventionists and consultants to coordinate services, cooperation, resolve conflicts, influence outcomes, provide community consultation and training on emotional and behavioral disturbances.
· Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling with relevant experience & training in counselling.
· Minimum two (2) years clinical experience working in child and youth mental health services preferred.
· Registration with the appropriate, applicable professional designation will be required.
· Able to write comprehensive assessments and maintain appropriate clinical/client/administrative records are required.
· Sound knowledge on counselling practices; able to maintain strict confidentiality; and able to demonstrate strong ethical judgements.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal/written), assessment skills, interpersonal skills, time-management skills, and organizational skills.
· Required to work flexible hours, which will often include regular evening and occasional weekend work including supporting the 24 hour on call process.
· Demonstrated knowledge in computer software applications i.e. AIS Database, MS Office-Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
· Must be a team player and work with minimal supervision and/or independently.
· Be familiar with and understand First Nation barriers/issues/culture and having the ability to speak Cree/Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654. Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Gail Noltcho-Clarke, Senior Director of Child & Family Services or Maryann Gagnon, Prevention Manager @ (306) 236-8240, or visit the MLTC Website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, July 19, 2019