MMTC Day Counselor
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Health & Social Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Qualifications
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 07/10/2017
Expiration Date: 07/28/2017
MMTC Day Counselor
MLTC is seeking a motivated energetic individual to fill the full-time position of Day Counselor for the Mistahey Musqua Treatment Centre (MMTC). The successful candidate will be responsible for the care and safety of in-patient clients at MMTC during his/her shift.
The philosophy of the Mistahey Musqua Treatment Centre is to promote a healthy addiction free lifestyle and to enhance the well-being of our First Nation communities through providing holistic (physical, emotional, mental & spiritual) counseling services in the area of prevention, treatment and aftercare.
one on one counseling to clients; document all counseling sessions.
proper care of clients; develop safe plans, follow-up, and after care plans.
and file appropriate information into client files.
group lectures and discussions.
continuity of information between shifts and staff.
the clients safety, and security of the building.
all the Treatment Centre guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
other duties as directed by the MMTC Senior Administrator.
- Must lead a life of sobriety and one free of addictions.
- A Chemical Dependency Certification course and/or equivalent certified course may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in treatment centre counseling programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the links between alcohol/addictions treatment and health issues at the First Nation community level.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and values with the ability to speak Cree or Dene would be a considerable asset.
- Must have CPR & First Aid Training; must possess a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are required to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Josette Couillonneur, Community Development Program Director @ (306) 236-5817, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, July 28, 2017