Human Resources (HR) Officer
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Human Resources
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 07/14/2017
Expiration Date: 07/28/2017
Human Resources (HR) Officer
MLTC is seeking a highly motivated dynamic individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, to join our Human Resources Team. The successful candidate will work within a team environment with minimal supervision and will exercise initiative, prioritize tasks, and independently carry out work to completion. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Officer will receive broad exposure to all aspects of recruiting/hiring processes, pay and benefits administration, and records management in a workplace with 192+ employees in diverse sectors.
DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Recruitment and staffing initiatives for entry level, professional and technical job openings.
o Posting employment ads.
o Supporting a selection committee.
o Interview preparation.
o Reference checks.
o Letter of offers.
o Enrollment to group benefits
- Assist with employee pay and benefits administration.
- Assist employee to understand and comply with policies and procedures.
- Maintain personnel records and files (manual and electronically)
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of HR.
- Diploma in the field of Administration from a recognized institute, and/or equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in human resources / administration within a high paced office environment.
- Must be proficient and experienced in computer applications: Microsoft Office 2007 / 2010 / 2013 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency in drafting and formatting correspondence, forms, etc.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills; demonstrated group presentation skills.
- Able to observe & maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Able to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and pay attention to detail in all areas while working under pressure to meet deadlines or in responding to changing priorities.
- Able to provide excellent and respectful professional customer/employee service.
- Able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge & experience with First Nations culture, traditions and beliefs and able to speak and understand Cree and/or Dene is a definite asset
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; a copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Bernice Aubichon, Director of Human Resources @ (306)236-5654 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, July 28, 2017
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.