Bridging to Employment and Training Officer
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Economic Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: 2-3 Years
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 06/11/2018
Expiration Date: 06/22/2018
Bridging to Employment & Training Officer (2 Year Term)
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the term position of Bridging to Employment & Training Officer. The successful candidate will join the ‘Economic Development Team’ and will provide direct services to the Meadow Lake First Nation members in a client centered approach, conduct assessment and counselling of clients, social assistance recipients, and employment insurance clients to develop a plan of action which will help them attain their employment and training goals. The BETO must be sensitive to cultural differences, disabilities, and financial barriers. The BETO will work with clients in the Pre-Employment and Training Program
Duties: (include, but not limited to)
- · Explain program criteria and eligibility to clients regarding a wide variety of employment, training and income support programs.
- · Conduct individual and group career planning to determine appropriate education; training and employment goals, which may include integrated case management.
- · Conduct workshops (such as programs and services information, job search, resume, Labour market information).
- · Develop and deliver workshops with individuals and groups, and participate in job fair or career development.
- · Develop materials and instruct groups in a variety of pre-employment programs, with MLTC Employment Readiness/life skills delivered programming.
- · Assist trained and skilled clients to access employment
· Relevant post-secondary training in Business Administration, Commerce, Education, or equivalent.
· Background/experience in working with First Nations administration with an understanding of community development processes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively assist with clientele interviews, meetings, etc.
· Excellent report writing skills with demonstrated ability in research, written communication, and computer data processing.
· Creative, innovative, organized, dependable, and able to work independently or in a team environment.
· Must be able to work with clients in a respectful and understanding manner to develop effective working relationships.
· Proficient with computers, i.e. Microsoft Office 2010, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
· An understanding and knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and history and the ability to speak Cree and/or Dene is considered a valuable asset.
· Ability to travel extensively and possession of a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information please contact Christine Derocher, Senior Director of Programs @ (306) 236-5817 or visit our website @www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, June 22, 2018 @ 12:00 Noon
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.