ISETS Budget Officer
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Economic Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 08/08/2019
Expiration Date: 08/23/2019
ISETS Budget Officer
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full time permanent position of ISETS Budget Officer. The successful candidate will join the ‘Economic Development Team’ and is responsible for the maintaining, monitoring and reporting on the ISETS budget. The ISETS Budget Officer will complete monthly claims reports and submit quarterly reporting and will ensure monthly consumption reports are monitored and accurately followed up on.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Coordinate the budget of the ISETS Program as required by immediate supervisor to ensure that all reporting and claims are completed accordingly.
· Responsible for monitoring and complying with reporting requirements of the ISETS budget and program.
· Prepare reports for funding agencies and internal governing bodies as required under SITAG reporting guidelines.
· Prepare, monitor and maintain local ISETS Excel spreadsheet for reporting and monthly expenditures.
· Represent MLTC at SITAG/ISETS Coordinator meetings.
· Prepare and report on ISETS budgets to MLTC Program and Services Board.
· Maintain dialogue with ISETS Outreach Counsellors case management files for accuracy, completed documentation, and thorough clientele communication and follow up.
· Counsel and assist Outreach Counselors in training to prepare individual client budgets and monthly consumption reports, as well as instructing client budgets are inputted into SITAG TAS System.
· Identify the different types of funding that are available and accessible to the clientele.
· Assist in researching and conduct training needs assessments with Outreach Counselors to ensure student success.
· Assist communities in identifying programs that can be administered locally.
· Provide liaison among First Nation communities, government programs, prospective employers and clients in regards to the ISETS Program.
· Relevant post-secondary training in Business Administration, Commerce, or equivalent.
· Background/experience in working with payroll, accounts payable and budgets.
· Excellent working knowledge of SITAG/ISETS policies and procedures & guidelines.
· Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and bookkeeping skills.
· Background/experience in working with First Nations administration with an understanding of community development processes.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate SITAG/ISETS policies and procedures with First Nation community members and clientele.
· Excellent report writing skills with demonstrated ability in research, written communication, and computer data processing.
· Creative, innovative, organized, dependable, and able to work independently and in a team environment.
· Must be able to work with clients in a respectful and understanding manner to develop effective working relationships.
· Informed about Cree/Dene cultural values, customs and beliefs; ability to speak Cree and/or Dene will be considered an asset.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able and willing to travel.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and work experience, copies of credentials and driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information, please contact Joelle Norman, Employment & Training Services Manager @ (306) 236-5654, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, August 23, 2019
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,