Family Connections Worker
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Human Resources
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 11/21/2019
Expiration Date: 12/06/2019
Family Connections Worker
The MLTC Child & Family Services Department is seeking a dynamic motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Family Connections Worker based out of the main office in Meadow Lake/Flying Dust.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· To receive all court documents served to the agency on behalf of off reserve clients.
· To research mandate and Child Welfare legislation for Saskatchewan and other provinces.
· To collect stats of off reserve files and prepare reporting requirements as per Case Management & Family Finders Agreement with Ministry of Social Services.
· Assess each court document received, formulate a plan and provide recommendations for follow up.
· Represent the agency “Meadow Lake Tribal Council Child & Family Services Incorporated” at all court proceedings involving client/families.
· Assist with Child Protection Intake as requested.
· Assist in Child Protection case management as requested.
· Referrals to Family Support Services, Mental Health, Band referrals on behalf of clients.
· Preferred: Bachelor degree in Social Work or equivalent i.e. B.I.S.W (a certificate of Social Work may also be considered)
· Secondary: Post-Secondary Education in a related Human Services field may be considered.
· Should have knowledge on child development and the impact of abuse and neglect, disability and other special needs, and attachment issues as it relates to matters in child welfare services.
· Should have the ability to understand family dynamics (i.e. strengths, deficits, ancestral clan trends, acceptance/support from the community, etc.) conduct genogram/family clan research and possess good, culturally appropriate interviewing skills.
· Proficient with computers, i.e. Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Excellent organizational skills; Interpersonal skills; & Communication skills.
· Demonstrating initiative and adaptability.
· Willingness to travel extensively and possession of a valid driver’s license.
· Ability to understand/speak Cree and/or Dene is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications, related work experience, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, copy of valid driver’s license, and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-3509
For more information please contact CFS Supervisors Lillian Bear or Patty Bokinac @ (306) 236-8240 or visit our website @ www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, December 6, 2019
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.