Environmental Health Officer
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Health & Social Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Qualifications
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 04/13/2017
Expiration Date: 04/28/2017
Environmental Health Officer (EHO)
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a motivated individual to provide environmental health services to the nine (9) Meadow Lake First Nations located in Northwestern Saskatchewan. The EHO develops, implements and maintains a comprehensive program designed to monitor and report on environmental health conditions amongst MLTC member First Nations.
- Working in a team setting, the EHO will provide inspection and surveillance services to the Meadow Lake First Nation communities and make appropriate recommendations to Chief and Council on matters related to; drinking water supplies, housing, food safety, communicable disease, solid and liquid waste disposal.
- Provides guidance and support to MLTC management and communities on matters related to environmental contaminants, emergency preparedness and other compliance issues.
- Provide training and support to Water Quality Technicians.
- Conduct food safety training.
- The EHO must hold a current certificate with the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors as a Public Health Inspector/Environmental Health Officer.
- Completion of a Post Secondary Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health or other relevant program.
- Experience working with First Nations and familiarity with First Nations culture, history and governance is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated organizational skills, with an emphasis on collaborative problem solving; able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Demonstrated skills in computer software applications.
- Extensive traveling involved, therefore, must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. (Abstract required).
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials; current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306)236-5654. Fax: (306)236-6301
For more information, please contact Yolanda Ducharme, Senior Environmental Health Officer @ (306) 236-5817 or email@example.com or you can visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net.
Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2017
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.