MMTC Counselor - Night Attendant
Program: Mistahey Musqua Treatment Center
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Qualifications
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 06/07/2017
Expiration Date: 06/21/2017
Mistahey Musqua Treatment
MLTC is seeking a motivated energetic individual to fill the position of Counselor/Night Attendant for the Mistahey Musqua Treatment Centre (MMTC). The successful candidate will be responsible for the care and safety of in-patient clients @ MMTC and patrolling the MMTC building and grounds during his/her shift.
The philosophy of the Mistahey Musqua Treatment Centre is to promote a healthy addiction free lifestyle and to enhance the well-being of our First Nation communities through providing holistic (physical, emotional, mental & spiritual) counseling services in the area of prevention, treatment and aftercare.
- · Provide one on one counseling to clients; document all counseling sessions.
- · Ensure proper care of clients; develop safe plans, follow-up, and after care plans.
- · Record and file appropriate information into client files.
- · Facilitate group lectures and discussions.
- · Ensure continuity of information between shifts and staff.
- · Ensure the clients safety, and security of the building.
- · Ensure all the Treatment Centre guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
- · Assist with the daily upkeep and maintenance of the buildings and grounds.
- · Perform other duties as directed by the MMTC Senior Administrator.
- Must lead a life of sobriety and one free of addictions.
- A Chemical Dependency Certification course and/or equivalent certified course may be considered.
- Demonstrated experience in treatment centre counseling programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the links between alcohol/addictions treatment and health issues at the First Nation community level.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and values with the ability to speak Cree or Dene would be a considerable asset.
- Must have CPR & First Aid Training; must possess a valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are required to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Josette Couillonneur, MLTC Director of Community Development @ (306)236-5817, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Extended Deadline: Wednesday, June 21, 2017
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.