Clinical Team Support Worker
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Education & Experience
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 10/26/2018
Expiration Date: 11/09/2018
Clinical Team Support Worker (7 Month Term Position)
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking a dynamic motivated individual to fill a seven (7) month term position of Clinical Team Support Worker (CTSW) for the Office of Education for the beginning of the 2018-19 school year.
The CTSW ensures that counselling services are provided to offer support for children, youth, families and school staff with the general goal of improving the student’s personal, social and academic success. The CTSW provides a link between home and school for the student and family.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Provide counselling support to individual students and/or small groups in all nine MLFN schools.
· Provide case management services for students experiencing social, emotional, and/or behavioural issues.
· Conduct assessments of the psychological, social, emotional, and environmental needs of students.
· Foster a positive relationship between caregivers and schools.
· Recommend and facilitate professional development activities to school based staff and students.
· Work collaboratively with and consult with school based administrators, teachers, school support staff, caregivers, outside agencies and MLTC Education staff to develop a wide variety of programs for all MLFN schools.
· Meet provincial requirements with regard to professional regulations, code of ethics.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Counselling
· Must be registered with one of the following organizations: CASW, SASW, CCPA, CPA.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the delivery of human services such as: Social Work, Counselling, Community Development, etc.
· Sound knowledge on basic counselling practices; able to maintain strict confidentiality; and able to demonstrate strong ethical judgements.
· Excellent communication skills (Verbal/Written); networking/relationship building skills; decision making skills; professional judgment skills; and organizational/time-management skills.
· Knowledge of and sensitivity to First Nations culture and language and cross-cultural issues; ability to speak the Cree and/or Dene languages will be considered an asset.
· Willing to travel to the First Nation Communities; work within a team setting and independently.
· Salary is commensurate with qualifications and years of experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history, copies of credentials, current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check; copy of valid driver’s license; and three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Elizabeth Read, Superintendent of Education @ (306) 236-5654 or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.net
Deadline: Friday, November 9th, 2018
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.