Local Resaerch Assistant
Location: Ministikwan Lake Cree Nation
Program: Health & Social Development
Employment Terms: Temporary
Length of Employment: Other
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: $18.00 per hour - maximum 35 hours
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 04/04/2017
Expiration Date: 04/18/2017
Local Research Assistant - MLFN
Employment Opportunity – Five (5) Days
MLTC’s Health & Social Development Department is seeking a motivated individual, with great interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to fill the short-term position of Research Project Assistant for the Ministikwan Lake First Nation - Local Healthy Food to School Learning Circle Project.
- Responsibilities require discretion, and the ability to prioritize tasks while communicating with community members.
- Along with the Learning Circle Advisory Group, plan and execute strategies for meeting with selected community members for potential attendance in Learning Circle.
- Schedule meetings with community members to discuss their interest in local, healthy and traditional foods and to discuss their interest in Learning Circle attendance.
- Take notes from the meetings and obtain permission on what could be shared with the Learning Circle.
- Excellent communication skills and good note taking skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with members of the Learning Circle Advisory Group.
- Will be informed & sensitive to First Nations’ culture and beliefs; issues and barriers.
- Able to speak and understand Cree is considered a valuable asset.
- Knowledge of the MLFN community layout.
- This position requires flexible hours and requires individual to use own vehicle.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application, resume stating qualifications and related work experience, copies of credentials and driver’s license, current satisfactory RCMP Security Clearance, and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Cassie McVay, MLTC Community Dietitian @ (306) 236-5817, or visit the MLTC website at www.mltc.
Extended Deadline: April 18, 2017
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.