Family Wellness Outreach Worker
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Program: Health & Social Development
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on Qualifications
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 09/06/2017
Expiration Date: 09/22/2017
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is now accepting applications for a highly motivated individual to fill a full time position as the Family Wellness Outreach Worker.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work closely with the nine (9) Meadow Lake First Nations communities in the areas of: education, prevention, intervention, and training. The Family Wellness Outreach Worker will also advise and support in addressing issues related to Family and Domestic Violence with the primary focus on decreasing the number of incidents of family and domestic violence.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with all age groups to deliver education on the impacts of family and domestic violence, and promoting healthy families and relationships
- Provide referrals to other agencies or programs and services.
- Work with First Nation Health Directors, health teams, treatment centers to address and deliver programs and services that deal with direct clients in managing conflicts and family issues.
- Will work in partnership with MLTC programs and Child and Family Services.
- Promotes and strengthens strong, healthy and positive family lifestyles.
- Utilize First Nation Culture, Traditions and Practice resources to strengthen family dynamics.
- Will provide outreach support to women, men, children, youth and elders impacted by violence.
- Deliver training curriculum with local health teams to collaboratively address domestic and family violence.
- Will be required to travel and to deliver community education and prevention, workshops, presentations, and program development.
- Educate all age groups about healthy relationships, using an appropriate cultural and holistic approach including the medicine wheel concepts.
- Provide community linkage about the Waskoosis Safe Shelter and services provided.
- Will use office equipment and computer programs effectively to achieve tasks.
- Post Secondary education in Human Services, Social Work, Community Health and Wellness
- Possess experience in
community development, counseling, and facilitation.
- Possess knowledge in family
dynamics; child abuse/neglect indicators/affects.
- Excellent communication
and presentation skills.
interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Work within a team
setting and independently.
- Be familiar with and understand
First Nation barriers/issues/culture.
- Ability to speak Cree/Dene
is considered a valuable asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit: A letter of application; resume stating qualifications and employment history; copies of credentials and valid driver’s license; current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check & Child Abuse Records Check; and a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resources Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
MEADOW LAKE, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Flora Fiddler, Senior Director of Health & Social Development @ (306) 236-5817, or visit the MLTC website @ www.mltc.net
Extended Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2017