Human Resource Manager
Location: Meadow Lake Tribal Council
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: Permanent
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Dependent on qualificatoins
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 08/02/2017
Expiration Date: 08/08/2017
Human Resource Manager
The Meadow Lake Tribal Council is seeking an individual to fill the position of a Human Resource Manager for the Office of Education. The HR Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Education and will work closely with, and in collaboration with the MLTC HR Department, while focusing on providing second level HR support to the nine (9) First Nations schools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources / Business Administration, (or equivalent) and / or willing to work towards a Masters’ Degree.
- CHRP designation would be considered an asset.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years direct experience as a senior HR professional, with at least five (5) years direct experience in Education systems at the First Nation, Provincial and Federal systems.
- Understanding of First Nations culture. Politically and culturally sensitive.
- Experience with supervision of staff, ie, performance management, etc.
- Experience with recruitment, training and employee relations.
- Experience administering employee payroll, benefits, pensions, leave of absence and overtime.
Knowledge and experience with:
- Knowledge of current employment law matters, with a strong commitment to diversity management.
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation (e.g. The Saskatchewan Employment Act, Canada Federal Labour Standards, The Education Act, Human Rights Legislation).
- Knowledge of the Saskatchewan Education sector is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with automated software applications and HR Systems.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and techniques related to job classification, job analysis and job descriptions.
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communication (including academic writing, content development skills, strong presentation skills, verbal skills) with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to staff privacy & Confidentiality.
Conditions of Employment:
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check
- Driver’s License
- Willing to travel to and work in the First Nations communities.
- Provide HR support to the MLTC Office of Education in collaboration with the MLTC HR Department.
- Provide second level HR support to the school at the nine (9) First Nation Communities.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of the MLTC’s Education HR Strategy. This includes development and/or changes to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Translate the organization’s strategic plan into issues, priorities, and HR strategies and objectives.
- Contribute to the development of the organization’s vision, goals, and strategies with a focus on human capabilities.
- Measure the Strategic Organizational Results by evaluating the effectiveness of HR strategies, applying various measurement and assessment programs.
- Develop a strategy for recruitment and retention of staff.
Interested applicants are invited to submit:
- A letter of application;
- Current resume stating qualifications and employment history;
- Copies of credentials;
- Current RCMP Security Clearance/Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Copy of valid driver’s license;
- a list of three (3) current professional supervisory references to:
Human Resource Department
8003 Flying Dust Reserve
Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1T8
Phone: (306) 236-5654 Fax: (306) 236-6301
For more information, please contact Heather Merasty, Senior Director of Education @ (306) 960-9478 and/or Bernice Aubichon, Director of Human Resources @ (306) 236-5654, or refer to the MLTC Website at www.mltc.net
Extended Deadline: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 @ 12:00 noon
MLTC sincerely appreciates and thanks all individuals for their applications,
however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.